Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts examination for recruitment of various vacancies in Group 1 Services.Combined civil services examination (CCS I) is conducted annually based on the vacancy.
The selection will be made in three successive stages viz.
(i) Preliminary Examination for selection of candidates for admission to the Main Written Examination
(ii) Main Written Examination and
(iii) Oral Test in the shape of an Interview.
POSTS INCLUDED AND AGE LIMIT:
|S.No||Name of the Post||Name of the Service||Age Limit||Scale of pay|
|1||Deputy Collector||Tamil Nadu Civil Service||21||30|
|2||Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category – I)||Tamil Nadu Police Service||21||30||Rs.15600-39100/- +G.P Rs.5400/- (PB-3)|
|3||Assistant Commissioner (C.T.)||Tamil Nadu Commercial Taxes Service||21||31|
|4||District Registrar||Tamil Nadu Registration Service||21||30|
* Upper Age Relaxation for SC’s, SC(A)’s, ST’s, MBC’s/DC’s, BC’s, BCM’s and DW’s of all castes is +5 years
- Applicants must be Graduate or equivalent as per the requirement of the post from the recognized University/Institution.
- The candidates, who have written the final year degree examination, may also apply for the Preliminary Examination for direct recruitment to the posts included in Group-I Services.
Applicants who are going to apply for the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I) must possess the following Physical qualifications:
- For Men: Must be not less than 165 cms in Height and not less than 86 cms round the chest on full inspiration and must have a chest expansion of not less than 5 cms on full inspiration.
- For Women: Must be not less than 155 cms in Height. The Chest measurement will not apply to them.
Exam Selection Procedure:
The selection will be made in three successive stages:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Written Examination
|Subject||No of Questions|
|General Studies||150||300||3 Hours|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard)||50|
MAINS AND INTERVIEW:
|SI NO||Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|1||General Studies Paper – I||3 Hours||300|
|2||General Studies Paper – II||3 Hours||300|
|3||General Studies Paper – III||3 Hours||300|
|4||Interview & Record||120|